Welcome to the Gramon Family of Schools Parent-Professionals Organization website!
The Gramon Family of Schools PPO (GFS PPO) is an organization made up of parents and staff who volunteer their time and expertise to fundraise and support additional educational and social opportunities for students at the Gramon Family of Schools.
WHAT DOES THE GFS PPO FUND?
The GFS PPO funds a host of events throughout the school year including:
- The annual Fall Festival: pumpkin picking, scarecrow decorating, and a Halloween costume parade, with prizes.
- "Music Man" John Foley, who provides music therapy throughout the school year, and puts on a fabulous concert during our ESY program.
- Graduation Ceremony, including tent rentals, caps, and gowns, diplomas and yearbooks for our graduating students.
- ESY pool parties, splash pad and a petting zoo
- Sports programming including basketball and cheerleading
- Field Trips
- Support for Families in Need during the Holiday Season
- Teachers Appreciation Week
- Classroom Parties (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Holiday,Valentine's Day etc.)
And so much more….
The GFS PPO also contributes financially to the physical space that our students enjoy. The cafeteria, playground, Life Skills apartment, and recent patio addition to N-Bistro have all received GFS PPO funds to aid in their completion.
WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Throughout the year, parents support fundraising efforts or volunteer their time at events like the Holiday Boutique and Scholastic Book Fair. You can also support the GFS PPO by
ATTENDING GFS PPO MEETINGS
The GFS PPO has two kinds of meetings:
- GFS PPO Executive Board Meetings occur monthly and are attended by staff volunteers and PPO parents on the executive board. Minutes are posted on this site
- GFS PPO Open Meetings occur every other month and are open to all parents and caregivers. Meetings will be announced school wide and take place in person and via Zoom.
MAKING A DONATION
The GFS PPO is always happy to receive financial donations and no amount is too small. You can make donations in cash or by check and send them in to school with your child. Please make all checks payable to GFS PPO.
You can make a credit card donation by clicking on the link
If you work with a corporation who provides matching charitable donations, you can double your donation. Do ask your employer. We are happy to provide any information they may need.
Some companies that match donations:
- The Home Depot
- Bank of America
- Exxon Mobil
Be sure to ask your employee if they do matching contributions
We are always happy to receive donations in-kind. In our GFS PPO Minutes posted on this site we will always list items that we need for upcoming activities, and you are welcome to contact us or your class parent if you would like to donate items or a service.